I have been waiting longingly for summers to come. The sun takes over the sky and it is the perfect time to head out to the beach (I’m guilty of being a bit of a water baby :-P) However what I love the most are all the fresh summer fruits that hit the grocery store. I walk around like a kid in a candy shop filled with all those varieties and colours. I enjoy picking out my favourite lychees, berries and melons but I am probably the most excited for summer because of those beautiful golden mangoes.
Spotting some gorgeous mangoes on our last trip to the store, I decided to make this easy dessert that is not only a crowd pleaser but is also the perfect way to welcome summers.
The cake is essentially light and refreshing and will melt the heart of adults and kids alike. You can eat the cake as is, without all the garnishes and it would taste just as brilliant. We however prefer the added textures reinforcing the flavours of the ingredients that have gone into the mix.
Enjoy the taste of summer with this super easy Mango Cheesecake recipe and thank us later! 😀
Mango Swirl Cheesecake with White Chocolate & Pistachios
A fresh, light and refreshing mango dessert recipe that is perfect for summer.
Get Set Cook
- 200 gms Plain Marie Biscuits
- 60 gms Butter
- 3 medium sized Mangoes
- 250 gms White Chocolate
- 200 gms Cream Cheese
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 200 ml Whipping Cream
- 1/8 cup chopped Pistachios For the garnish:
- Mint sprigs
- Chopped pistachios
- Cubed mangoes
- Grated white chocolate
- Break the biscuits in a food processor and pulse until you get fine crumbs.
- Empty crumbs into a Cheesecake tin/Spring-foam pan. Add melted butter and chopped pistachios.
- Mix it together and press down firmly. Chill in a refrigerator to set for 30 mins.
- Chop up the fresh mangoes and puree in a blender.
- Chop the white chocolate into a glass bowl. Melt in a microwave cooking and stirring for 40 sec burts. Do not overheat the chocolate, otherwise it will start to seize.
- Leave cream cheese outside the fridge and bring it to room temperature. Whisk with icing sugar. Adjust the amount of icing sugar according to the sweetness of the mangoes.
- Whip the chilled whipping cream in another bowl to soft peaks.
- Mix two thirds of the mango puree, melted white chocolate, whipped cream and cream cheese together folding gently. Do not over-beat the mixture as it will cause the air to escape and make the cake dense.
- Pour this mix onto the chilled biscuit base.
- On the top add the remaining mango puree in spoonfuls and swirl around with a fork.
- Let this set in a fridge for at least 3 hrs or overnight for best results.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint, cubed mangoes, chopped pistachios and grated white chocolate.
So you love our yummy clicks; that’s exactly what we were thinking! Head on over and share some love on our Instagram page